Tuesday, March 31, 2009

DVR, Spring and Internet

Tomorrow I have a meeting at DVR to see what I want to do with my life, rather it’s go to school or get a job. My counselor will also tell me what she thinks is best for me to do as well. I want to get a job that I can last at, but I also in a way want to go to school. She will also inform me on what all those tests I took at the beginning of the month say  about my strengths and weaknesses in math reading and writing lay so that should be entertaining.

I can’t believe it’s almost April, it feels like just yesterday it was the first of the year. I just wish all the snow would go away, I am so sick of it, and having to wear a jacket and being cold. I want the sun, the warmth the longer days all of the stuff that comes with summer besides the bugs. I can live with out the bugs and spiders and all creepy crawly things. I want to be able to have the windows in the apartment open to let fresh air in. I do this now but only with one window and only for a very short amount of time because the apartment gets to cold if I leave it open for too long.

In other news, my internet provider is trying to get Richard and I to switch our house phone over to them. It would be an internet phone, as in if the internet went down, or we had a power outage we would have no phone besides our cell phones. Yes as of right now we do only have cordless phones in the apartment so when the power goes out we are only left with our cell phones but that’s just because I haven’t found our corded phone at my moms place yet. The deal was free phone for 24 months so all we would be paying is 50 dollars for our internet, but they wouldn’t tell me how much it would cost after the 24 months was up and it would cost us 20 bucks to get the adapter for the phones to the internet.  Plus they were saying it would save us money to only have to pay them for phone and internet besides the phone company and them. I just don’t like the idea of having our phone through the internet besides our internet strength changes by the minute from strong to week because we are just on the edge of service for them up here so who knows what that would do to our phone. I told the lady no and she was shocked that I said no because not many people tell her no. She still tried to get me to switch over after I told her no. I hate people who don’t take no for an answer and keep hounding you trying to get you to change your mind.

No comments: