Thursday, March 5, 2009

Eagle Attack

Yesterday was a bit on the interesting side for me, it started out like the rest of the week with me going to the testing that I'm doing (which finishes today) at DVR. I got done testing and walked outside to see if mom was there yet, she was so I walked over to the truck and as soon as I opened the door she asked me if I had talked to Bobbie (Richard's sister) lately. I told her the last time I talked to her was a few weeks ago right after she got her new puppy, I then asked what caused mom to ask me about when I last talked to her. Aparently while waiting for me to get done mom was listening to the radio, and there was a news break or something and it said that Bobbie Lee Briggs had her puppy taken from her by eagles. The eagles knocked Bobbie down then scooped up her 11 week old puppy and took off. Bobbie lives in Homer and there was a lady who fed the eagles on the Homer Spit but she died and her friend was supposed to continue to do it but he's not so the eagles are hungery and go into the city of homer and get squirls and all kinds of small animals,They are getting to be a real pain is what Bobbie told me after I texted her and she called me.

here is a link to an article about what happened.
http://www.homertribune.com/article.php?aid=3941

R.I.P. Kookie

1 comment:

Jane said...

Holy shit! I am so sorry for them and that poor lil doggie. :(