Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Health Insurance

We had to wait 6 months before Richard and I would be eligible for health insurance through his work. But we had to apply for me to be covered when he started there. His work will pay for his insurance so we only had to pay for mine. We didn't know how much it was going to cost and figured if it was too expensive that I could always opt out. That's just what I did. He called me up about an hour ago to tell me that I wasn't going to be insured because it would be $1000 a month. That's right a MONTH! It costs more then our freaking rent does. The only way we could afford that is if we were living rent and bill free and that's not going to happen.

How does the government think people are going to be able to have health insurance by 2014 if it's so damn expensive? Especially the people who struggle and live paycheck to paycheck like we do? We are a one income house hold we just manage to make most ends meet with a little help from mom. I would get a job but it's just not an option at the moment, there is no way for me to get to and from work. It's not fair to penalize people because they can't afford to have health insurance and it's WRONG to force people into something they can't afford to do. Why do they have the right to tell me what I do with MY money? Or lack of money.

so there is my rant, do with it what you like but know you will not convince me that the government is right in this.

No comments: