Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Memories

I hung out with my mom for a couple of hours tonight, Richard had to work yet again tonight so instead of being home alone on Halloween I called mom up and she picked me up on her way home from work. Watching all the kids go trick or treating brought back a lot of fond memories for me. I remember getting all dressed up in snow gear then putting on the costume over it and wading through feet of snow to go get candy. I also remember my dad sorting through the candy "making sure" that none of it was tampered with. Not knowing it then but looking back at it realizing that he just wanted all the good candy for himself. Also knowing that I too will do this to my kids when they are young and don't catch on that I want all the good candy for myself. I always had fun going trick or treating, and seeing my haul when I got back home and my glasses warmed up so they weren't fogged up so I could see it all. ahh those were the days.

In other news Kramer Bit my foot on Wednesday and now its infected. I am on meds thanks to the wonderful Dr. Duddy. My foot is a bit swollen and red and hurts when I walk around but its slowly getting better, tonight it started oozing so I'm on the right track to healing up. Kramer no longer will get catnip at all, seeing as how we think this is why he bites me the most often. the other times he bites its because I ignored him too long when he wants wet food.

No comments: