Friday, October 17, 2008

Stranger Danger!!

I had a strange guy walk into my apartment today. Before you all freak out I'm fine and nothing happened I just got a little unnerved over it. I will start from the beginning. It was about 1pm here, I was beyond bored so I got out my exercise ball and decided to play MarioKart on the Nintendo Wii. I had been playing it for about maybe a half hour when there was a knock at the door. Now mind you Richard is at work so I figured it was him being lazy and wanting me to open the door, but seeing as how I was in the middle of a race and couldn't pause the game I ignored the knock knowing that he could let himself in. There was another knock a few seconds past and the door opens I look up expecting to see Richard and there is this strang man walking into my apartment!!! I'm sitting there stunned for like a few seconds then get really mad and started yelling at him saying "what the hell do you think your doing and who the fuck are you?!?!?!" He doesn't say anything and procedes to walk back out of the apartment and closes the door. I automatically get up run to the door and lock it.

I was so completly freaked out about it that I went to the bedroom and got the metal bat from my side of the bed and had it on the couch in case he decided to come back. A complete over reaction yeah I know but I didn't know what else to do. I didn't call the cops because well he left right after I yelled at him. I do know that if he had continued to walk in I would have called the cops. I told Richard about it and he said for now on he will lock the door behind him when he goes to work. That he hadn't done it in like a month but now feels really bad about it. So thats what happend today.

1 comment:

Deb Hardman said...

I've had that same thing happen twice in my life. The 1st time was back before I moved to AK, & we lived in a house on a dirt road, in the middle of no-where, & never locked our door. It was 4 a.m., & I just happened to be up stirring the fire in the wood stove. I had the poker in my hand when I heard the door open. My response was similar to yours. I flipped on the light, blinding the guy, & said "Who the heck are you & why are you walking into my house?" He was lucky I didn't just whack him first & ask 2nd, because I felt very angry that he was there. He stuttered, & was obviously a bit drunk. My DH heard him, & recognized his voice. He was a friend of his brother, who lived next door, & had walked into the wrong house. Poor guy. I scared him way worse than he scared me!

The 2nd time it happened was in an apartment in Eagle River, & the guy comes walking in the door saying "Honey, I'm home!" I looked up & said "Honey doesn't live here". He back pedaled & apoligized, & I got up & locked the door!