Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Longing for Christmas

It's nearing the end of October and that means that its almost my favorite time of year. My two upmost favorite holidays are Thanksgiving andd Christmas. Thanksgiving because well I get to hang out with my entire family all at the same time. My mom, brother, Richard and his parents, Richard's sister if she is able to come up and me. We all converge on my moms house for turkey, potatoes, Jell-o Pretzel Salad (my all time fav) and of course to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade which starts the Christmas Season. We also growing up would watch a Christmas Story, as the first Christmas movie of the season. Yes, I can quote that entire movie by heart.

I have always loved Christmas, a lot of that is thanks to my dad. He made it so magical, he always decorated the inside and outside of our house with Christmas lights and decorations. The tradition was on December 10th, which was his birthday we would go get our live Christmas Tree and decorate it. God how I love the smell of christmas trees, any time I smell them I am suddenly a little girl sitting in the dark with only the lights of the christmas tree on just staring at it. Taking in how beautiful it was. I love Christmas music and every year now only listen to the Christmas music station from Thanksgiving till Christmas. Its always been a magical time of year for me and when I have kids I hope its the same way for them.

At this time of the year, I start Craving christmas cookies, Egg Nog (love love love it), the music, turkey everything Christmas. I also find it a very romantic time of year. I love cuddling up to Richard on a cold snowy day with tea or hot coaco and just being. I'm a sap for that!

No comments: