Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Difference in Opinions

I was reading a friends blog the other day and couldn't believe what she wrote. I firmly believe that everyone has their own opinions and that no one is right or wrong in their own opinion but I have to disagree with her on what she thinks. Basically she thinks it's stupid to wait to have sex until your married and that if you do that, that you could end up being cheated on, be the person who is cheating, or both people being miserable. I don't think this is true in all cases, some yes but not all. She made it sound like every marriage is doomed if you don't do it before you get married.

I am proud to say that I didn't give it away until I was married, that was my choice. I chose to wait because I wanted to know that the guy I loved, loved me and wasn't just trying to get into my pants. I wasn't going to let sex be a bargaining chip, it wasn't even an option. Now I'm not saying waiting is for everyone and I don't look down on people who don't wait, cause to each their own, but to say that if a person decides to wait till they are married that their marriage is doomed is just in my opinion wrong. I have been happily married for almost 9 years, neither one of us cheats and we aren't miserable.

that's all I'm going to say on this matter. Besides the fact that I hate when people lump everyone in to one big group and say they are all doomed, or all of them act a certain way. That's not true and you can't prove it so why say it?

No comments: