Friday, July 29, 2011

Singing Hot, hot, hot

Our oven got fixed, the element just needed to be replaced and I can tell the difference, doesn't take nearly as long as it used to for the oven to warm up. But now, we are waiting for a new dishwasher. It was leaking before the oven acted up, Mike from maintenance came and ran it a few times and it didn't leak once, didn't leak again until after we got the stove fixed. I called the landlord and left a message about our dishwasher needing a huggie and hadn't heard from her about it. Then yesterday got a call from her saying that either today or Monday or Tuesday I would be getting a new dishwasher. But as I stated above we are waiting so it didn't happen today. So until we get the new one I am washing dishes by hand cause I don't want a bunch of dishes sitting in the dishwasher when they come to replace it.

Meanwhile our apartment is Hot, hot, hot, it gets to about 80 degrees in here during the day and that's with all 4 windows open and the fan going, I love the nice sunny days but don't love how hot our place gets. But at the same time the nice days are a good thing cause maintenance is painting the buildings, and outside our dinning room window we now have the lovely view of scaffolding. A change of view for the worse I say. Plus we get to look at it all weekend cause they don't work on the weekend, Joy (not).

2 comments:

Jane said...

I don't ever want to hear you complain about the heat. It's 108 here, and it gets to 98 in the house. Haha.

I'm glad you are getting new stuff in the apt!

Deb Hardman said...

Maybe you need 2 fans. One you can face out the window, & the other facing in from a window. It'll help pull the air through & make it more comfortable.

I've been enjoying our warm weather.

I bet Jane has air-conditioning! It has been pretty warm for an Alaskan born kid.