Friday, April 19, 2013

Geeking out on post 300

I just saw a movie poster for  Thor: The Dark World and got instantly excited that it would be coming to theaters in November of this year. That being said I guess I am going to have to admit that I'm a geek. I love pretty much all the movies based off of comic books. I also love the Lord of the Ring movies and The Hobbit and can't wait for the other 2 Hobbit movies to come out. I read a lot, I play video games, I play mindcraft but that is more of an artistic outlet for me. I'm not a hardcore geek but I guess you could say I am on the geeky side and you know what? I'm ok with that. It's one of many parts of me that make me who I am. I wouldn't change it for anyone.

I'm also not afraid to say that I love Twilight, love the books and the movies, I also love Harry Potter, The Inheritance series and many other books. Though mom and my brother give me a hard time about Twilight, mom saying there was just to much teenage angst for her liking (she never finished the first book) and my brother (who has never read the books nor wants to) thinking it's stupid that the vampires can go out in the sunlight and all they do is sparkle, he calls it gay and stupid. I think the author did an interesting twist by making it so they can come out during the day, so what if they sparkle get over it. She had an idea went for it and was very successful with it. I don't give him a hard time for liking Steven King, though I can't stand his writing cause I find him boring and very wordy and very descriptive, to descriptive. But my brother loves his books. Good for him. It's just interesting to me that I get picked on/made fun of for what I choose to read. I like a lot of V.C. Andrews stuff and again my brother gets this look of disgust on his face when he sees me read one of her books. Which I haven't read in a very long time mostly cause I don't like the newer stuff. I read almost a bit of everything, there are a few genre's of books I refuse to read cause they just don't appeal to me like romance novels (brainless fluff ), SciFi books for the most part bore me, history, biography's and manga just to name a few.  But just because I don't like them means I'm going to give people a hard time who do, well ok besides sorta teasing mom about her brainless fluff, but she likes reading them so good for her. The only reason I tease her about them is because she will complain about not having anything to read and when I offer up books I think she might like she turns them down because they will make her have to think.

Anyways, there is a small snippet of part of me. I truly didn't mean to go on a tangent about my choice of books but sometimes when I sit down and start writing I just go where my fingers take me and that's where they took me in this post. Hope you enjoyed it.On a side note this is entry #300! I think this is by far the longest I have kept up with an online journal. I know not a lot of people read this but for those of you who do thank you for putting up with little ole me.

No comments: