Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ding Dong,The Wicked Witch is Dead!

My DVR appointment went pretty good actually, I explained my side of things that She who must not be named had told my councilor, and her and I decided that she who must not be named is not the right person to be helping me out anymore. She is just to scatterbrained and isn't teaching me how to work a certain website so I can look for jobs. Mahala (dvr councilor) is contacting a different lady that she thinks will be a better match for me. One that will actually include me in my job search instead of doing it for me and not letting me have a say in applying for jobs or not. I'm glad Mahala is on my side, turns out that She who must not be named kept complaining to Mahala about the fact that I wanted to avoid talking on the phone at all costs. Mahala got her to stop pushing that subject with me because people with hearing loss don't like to talk on the phone a lot because of the fact that they might not catch everything that someone says, and that its my right not to talk on the phone because of my hearing loss and to respect that. Any one who knows me knows I have a hard time with my hearing, specially if I'm sick and that I avoid having to talk on phones or going out anywhere in general till I can hear again. Just ask my mom, she hates when I can't hear cause she has to repeat herself a lot for me to get everything she has said. Of course it would be easier if she didn't walk away from me when she is talking to me, but that's just mom. :-)

No comments: