Saturday, March 20, 2010

gotta catch em up!

I thought I would share what has been going on since my last blog. So Tuesday afternoon I had surgery on my toe to fix the ingrown toenail I had. I am now missing part of my toenail, and it will never grow back because if it does, its just going to do the same thing over and over and over again and I would be back at the foot doctor every 6 months. So I have a funny looking toe but I rather have a funny looking toe then a sore and infected one. It doesn't hurt at all which is a nice change and hasn't hurt since he numbed it on Tuesday.

Well Richard and I have survived one week of his overnight shifts. So one week down one to go. I'm not sleeping well so I have been sleeping longer and longer into the morning. I wake up a lot during the night and toss and turn more with out him here. Kramer has also taken to sleeping right next to me during the night which also doesn't help with my sleeping. He has the entire other half of the bed and he insists on sleeping right next to me. I have kicked him off and moved him over and hell I have even moved to the other half of the bed and he follows me. I gave up after the second night of this and just sleep around him.

Yesterday Richard and I bought a new computer, our laptop that we have had since 05 has so many issues that it's time to retire it. It's favorite thing to do to us is shut itself off, it will just randomly decide to shut down, we thought the first couple of times it did that it wasn't getting enough air flow so we have it propped up to increase airflow so it wouldn't get so hot. But sometimes it shuts down right after we have turned it on and it has finished loading, we never know when it's going to do it and its so infrequent that we can go days with out it happening then wham it shuts down. It's running slow, takes forever to load something and now when we turn it on we have to keep canceling something that isn't installed on the computer anymore from trying to download again. We will still keep it around of course, but we now have an actual desk top computer. It's actually at Best buy still getting all set up for us, the geek squad is making recover disks for us and uninstalling all the free trial stuff that comes with the computer. We shall have it prob this afternoon. We have the monitor here and I can't wait to start using it. We got a 23 inch monitor to go with the computer, nice and big so tht will be fun.

No comments: