Thursday, May 15, 2008

Spring time and Slave labor


Sping has finally Sprung here in Alaska. I say this only because I noticed yesterday that the trees finally have little bitty grean leaves on them. A little later than usual but just as welcomed. Now if only it would either rain or clear off and be sunny, I am getting rather sick of the overcast days, its been this way for the last 3 weeks nothing but clouds no rain no sun just clouds.

So its gotten warmer out which means that Richard and I are starting to go out to the valley to work off the money we borrowed from his parents to help us get into our apartment that we are in now. We went out there last Sunday and then again yesterday. We are building his mom a planter in the back of the back yard. now they own about a 1/2 acre of land so from the house to the back of the lot is a walk and you get tired when you are hauling 50 pound bags of packing sand from the front of the house all the way to the end of the property. We are making this planter out of bricks, so needless to say its an on going process and we have many more trips to make out there. Yesterday I was playing with Charlie(their bosten terrier), hauling 50 pound bags of sand and 80 pound bricks. My mom wonders how I am getting so strong. Lets see, throwing a toy for a dog that doesn't know the meaning of quit, hauling sand and bricks hmmm I wonder. Needless to say my arms hurt today as well as my legs and feet.

No comments: