Friday, November 23, 2012

It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas

It's Black Friday and for the first time in a very very long time I am by myself for it. Richard has always worked Black Friday as long as we been married but mom hasn't, I can't remember the last time she worked the day after Thanksgiving. So what am I doing? Well I'm listening to Christmas music, cleaning the apartment and decorating. I have 2 windows left to put window clings in, gotta find a place to hang our stockings cause I got rid of out floating shelf after last Christmas cause it was worse for wear, and I haven't even begun to think about where I'm putting up lights. I have however put up 2 out of 3 trees and the bathroom is decked out for the holiday including our singing snowman.

When I was a kid we didn't start decorating for Christmas till dad's birthday which was Dec 10th. I think that was dads idea cause we always got a live tree and he didn't want the tree to die before Christmas. I want to say Christmas was dad's favorite holiday, he always had the Christmas spirit, I to have it as well. As you all know Christmas is by far my favorite holiday. For the first couple of years of being married I really didn't decorate for Christmas cause I didn't have any decorations, and mom wouldn't give me my frosty and friends ornaments quite yet. When we finally were able to get decorations I decided to change the tradition from dads birthday to right after Thanksgiving dinner or if too stuffed to the day after. Richard leaves the decorating up to me, he says it's my job to decide where things go. I'm ok with that cause I know if I need his help he will help me, especially with the lights. I don't use my ornaments yet, cause we don't have room for a big tree where we are living, but once we do have the room we will get a bigger tree then the 3 small ones we have and frosty and friends will be out once again.

I only have 2 more Christmas gifts to worry about, those are for my brother and mom. I'm making my brother something out of polymer clay like I do every year, and keeping with the theme it's video game related. My mom on the other hand I have no clue what to get her this year. She is very hard to shop for. I would list off ideas I have but well she reads my blog so not giving anything away. Other then that everyone else is done. Well besides Richard, but we have never really had the money to get each other something for Christmas, maybe one of these years we will. I am just happy to spend the day with him as we travel over the river and through the woods to both parents places on that day.

No comments: