Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

As the title says Happy Birthday to me, YUP I am officially 29 years old today. Whats this mean? well for roughly 3 months I am a year older then Richard.  It also brought up a conversation I had with my dad when I was prob I wanna say 8 cause we were coming home from a night church service and we were talking about the year 2000 and if I thought the world was going to end then or not. I thought it would and said that I was going to be old by the year 2000. Never mind that 16 turning 17 isn't old at all but to a little kid of 8 that's hundreds of years away. So to past me I will say, hey its 2012 and you are now 29 so there!

Along the lines of younger me saying 16 is old I have come to realize as I have gotten older and am approaching 30 (cause it's only a year away now) that 30 and 40 really aren't all that old. Amazing how when you are younger you think its so old and as you get closer to that age you realize wait it really isn't all that old at all. I also find it amusing how people have such a hard time turning 30 and they freak out. I'm going to embrace my 30's it's just a number it doesn't mean squat, big deal I will be 30 nothing special about that, it's not like turning 16, 18 or 21. Those are milestones in your life you are able to drive, then you are an adult and then the thing you wait for you're legal to drink and then drinking for at least me loses its appeal cause you can drink when ever you like. 30 is just well 30 nothing special happens when you turn 30 congrats you have made it to middle age. You can now check the box 30-40 years old. So I guess you could say I don't see the big deal, and why people freak out so badly when they hit the magical age of 30. I mean what is there to look forward to, graying hair (which I already have), your body making noises it never used to make when you crawl into or out of bed, loss of hearing (which again I already have) and forgetting stuff. So I'm not going to freak out this whole next year of my life cause I will be thirty in exactly a year. I'm going to enjoy life. Besides if the Mayans were right and the world ends later this year I wont make it to my 30th birthday anyways.

No comments: