Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

It is officially the second day of 2012, and so far not so bad. I am finally almost completely over my cold and yes that means actually being able to hear again, my left ear is still a little on the plugged side but every day it gets better. I didn't have to go to the doctor either which is nice. Though I know it's only a matter of time before he gets more of my money cause the winter is far from over.

Mom taught me how to knit years ago, a very simple pattern to make a scarf, then I wanted to try something else and am in the middle of making a blanket. I have been in the middle of this blanket for over a year if not 2 now cause things just keep coming up or I'm not in the mood to work on it so it hasn't gotten very far. Anyways not the point, she tried to teach me how to start a knitting project with the blanket but for some reason I couldn't quite get it right and would twist the stitches and you aren't supposed to do that. Well on Saturday I went to Micheal's to get myself my own set of knitting needles to see if I could figure out how to cast stitches on so I could knit. I found a book Called I Taught Myself to Knit, it came with 2 sets of needles and a bunch of other stuff, well with the help of that book I was able to figure out what I was doing wrong and I also learned out to end a knitting project. This means I no longer have to ask mom to help me start a project or end one. I'm sure I will still come to her for advice on knitting cause after all she has been doing it a lot longer then I have. But it's the first of the year and I have already learned something new!

No comments: