Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Oops I Did It Again......

I have challenged myself once again, this challenge is no soda or desserts for 1 whole year. I started this on Monday so this is the beginning of day 3. I was inspired by a 10 year old boy in one of the many vlogs on Youtube that I watch who gave up sugar for a year. I'm not going that dramatic cause well sugar is in everything! But I figured if I gave up desserts that I'm giving up a lot of sugar. What do I classify as desserts? Here is my answer, candy, cake, brownies, suckers, ice cream, cookies, pie, donuts, basically all kinds of sugary junk food. I am allowing myself to have sugary cereal if I want it, gum, and lemonade, the occasional juice though I am not much of a juice drinker. Other then that my drinks of choice are going to be: water, tea, monsters (the one I drink has no calories or sugar) and like I said before lemonade, maybe even crystal light, and sparkling ice (fizzy flavored water with no calories). A really good friend of mine says if I make it the entire year he will pay me $50.00, which was unexpected and cool of him. So January 27 2015 will be the end of my challenge hopefully I can make it, I think I honestly can.

Richard in his own way is doing the challenge as well, though his is a bit different then mine, he is limiting his sugar intake. Basically right now he is trying out sugar free options of candy. He is I wanna say a bigger sugar junkie then me so if he just limits how much he eats I will say its a success. He is supporting me in my challenge though and says he is proud of me for even just trying to do it and will be proud of me even if I do fail at it (which I wont).

In all honesty after a year with out soda, I might just give it up for good or just have it on a really rare occasion. We will have to wait and see what happens a year from now.

No comments: