Friday, August 9, 2013

Back to Normal

After months of the apartment looking like a tornado went through it I finally have it looking good again. When I get sick it's hard for me to convince myself to keep up with the chores of the apartment because I just don't feel good, so I slack off then the next thing you know it's been 2 months and we are having to dig through garbage bags to find clothes to wear cause I haven't folded the clean laundry. But all that is behind me now and I hope to keep it that way for a while and even if I do get sick to try and at least not let it get so bad.

 It's August which means in just a few short weeks it will be time for the State Fair, which also means the rain has come and trust me we needed the rain. It also signals the end of Summer and the start of Fall. Our days are getting shorter not by much but it is now getting dark around 9-10pm. We are slowly getting to my favorite season, when the temps get cooler and I start making crock pot dishes and warm hearty meals again. Oh and tons of Taco Soup. Mmmm Taco Soup man that sounds good.

I have been reading a bit more which is nice, I haven't really wanted to read for a long while but now I'm getting back into seeing as how I am doing it just for me and not to see how many I can read in a year. I find myself gravitating back to books if I'm bored or don't want to do anything else. I even started a group on Facebook called Whatcha Reading? Where you basically tell other members of the group what you are reading, in hopes that it will give someone else an idea of what to read next. It's just a fledgling group not many people in it but hopefully it takes off and helps people decide what to read.

No comments: