Sunday, March 23, 2014

Yet Another Blow from Death

It saddens me to sit here and write that yet again someone that I love has been taken from me. This time it was a very dear friend of mine that was one of my many mothers as a grew up. Lynn lived across the street from us from I want to say my 7th grade year till about a year or two after I was married and moved out. I would go over to her house everyday after school and would hang out there till my mom came home from work. I was able to go to her and complain when I thought my mom was being unfair and she would help me see that maybe just maybe mom was doing what was best for me.

In the second half of my senior year Lynn suffered a stroke that left her paralyzed on the left side of her body. Getting that phone call destroyed me, I didn't want to believe it happened and stayed in my room for quite a few hours. I only ever visited her twice while she was in the hospital one of those times was prom night with Richard. She came home shortly after that but it took me a while before I could spend more then 5-10 minutes with her at a time. It just brought up painful memories of my dad being sick and I had to concur those memories and then I was able to spend a lot more time with her.

If any one is keeping tally that's 3 deaths in 5 months, we are done now right? Hopefully for a long time.

So as is tradition when ending one of these blogs.

R.I.P Lynn you will be missed.

No comments: